The Santa Fe Advance 2 features dual outlets that are specifically designed to provide the optimal amount of airflow in crawlspaces and basements. The optional condensate pump and duct kit can provide the installation flexibility necessary for almost any application.
*American Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) standard testing conditions are 80°F and 60% RH.
- Quiet Operation - The Santa Fe Advance 2 is engineered for quiet operation.
- High Efficiency - Exceeds Energy Star® efficiency requirements.
- Large Capacity - The high capacity Santa Fe Advance 2 provides 90 points per day of water removal in crawlspaces up to 2200 sq. ft. This single unit can handle the challenges several conventional dehumidifiers often struggle to maintain.
- Low Temperature Operation - Engineered for crawlspaces, and the temperature and air flow issues that the present. When many conventional dehumidifiers have stopped removing water from the air, the Santa Fe Advance 2 keeps on protecting you and your home
- Superior Air Filtration - MERV-8 filtration is standard on the Santa Fe Advance 2. This superior level of air filtration also keeps the unit working at peak efficiency, out performing other conventional dehumidifiers.
- Auto Restart - Santa Fe dehumidifiers will automatically restart at the original setting after a power outage.
- Optional Equipment - A duct kit and condensate pump are available for use with the Santa Fe Advance 2. These optional kits provide the ultimate in flexibility for your specific installation requirements.
Consequences of High Humidity
- The ground in a crawlspace or under the basement slab remains at a near constant temperature of 50-60°F year round. These cool surface temperatures create micro-environments where the relative humidity of the air approaches its saturation point (100%RH) and condensation (or sweating) can occur. These conditions support mold/microbial growth and cause musty odors.
- Crawlspaces and basements are a major source of air infiltration that permeates up into the living area, transmitting odors, carrying moisture, and creating an environment conducive to molds, pests, and dust mite infestation.
- Wet crawlspaces and basements contribute to the cupping of wood floors and the deterioration of floor joists, beams, sub-flooring, insulation, and electrical-mechanical systems.
- Excess moisture encourages mold growth on wood and on any other organic material in a crawlspaces.
The cooler temperatures in crawlspaces and basements create unique humidity control challenges for homeowners.
Capacities for residential dehumidifiers are measured in pints of water removed per day at standard conditions (80°F and 60% RH) determined by the American Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM). At these conditions, the capacity of the Santa Fe Advance 2 is 90 pints per day, while most standard residential units range from 20 to 65 pints of water removal per day. However, most basements and crawlspaces are cooler than 80°F and therefore the water removal capacity of the standard residential unit will be diminished significantly.
The Santa Fe Advance 2 is necessary to ensure that enough moisture is removed at the real-world temperature of your crawlspace or basement to prevent mold, mildew and bacterial growth. The Santa Fe Advance 2 is designed for these cooler applications.